You’ll be greeted by your instructor and get a 30-minute briefing which covers safety as well as how to stay in control on the white water course.
Then it’s off to the changing rooms to get kitted up. Grab your rubber ring and jump in!
The White Water Tubing experience allows you to make as many runs down the 300m grade 3 white water course as you can manage!
Afterwards you can get a hot shower and then enjoy a well-deserved cup of tea from the canteen.
How long does it take?
The white water tubing experience takes about one and a half hours.
When can I try it?
You can book for weekends only, from March through to October.
What should I wear/bring?
We provide the white water activity equipment, including a wetsuit, waterproof jacket, buoyancy aid and helmet as well as the giant rubber ring. You should bring:
- a swimsuit or shorts
- a T-shirt or fleece (this will get wet)
- old trainers (these will also get wet)
- a towel (for drying off!)
- a change of clothes.
Can my friends watch?
Yes, and there’s no charge for spectators.
I’m booking for someone who needs a carer. Is that a problem?
Carers are welcome at all iCAN activities, for more details of what the carer place involves, please see our Questions and Answers page.
- This white water activity is suitable for anyone over seven years of age, but under-18s will need their parent or guardian to sign a consent form.
- There is a weight limit of 16st per person for safety reasons.
- This activity is not suitable for pregnant women
Since iCAN is all about fun activities for people with disabilities, we only pick sites with the best facilities.
The site for your white-water Tubing experience has disabled parking next to the entrance. The grounds around the building are flat with ramps to allow wheelchairs to get right to the water’s edge.
The site has disabled changing facilities if required, along with disabled toilets. The canteen is located on the upper floor but there are lifts to allow wheelchair access.
Assistance dogs can be left with the centre and will be given a bowl of water! Other dogs may have to be left outside while you are on the water.
This gift Experience is suitable for people with the following disabilities:
- Hard of Hearing / Deaf
- Restricted – Leg*
- Restricted – Arm*
- Visually Impaired*
* Please note that it is necessary to climb out of your tube and make your way back to the start of the white water course after each run. For this reason, it may be necessary for you to attend with a carer, friend or family member.
If your disability isn’t mentioned here but you are interested in White water Tubing, please do give us a call as we may well be able to accommodate other disabilities.